The Innovation Camp 2023
The Innovation Camp 2023 was a healthcare and welfare-themed university summer camp in Struer from July 3–20, 2023. Students from various engineering programs at Technical University Denmark (DTU) and Aarhus University (AU), as well as Struer Statsgymnasium, gathered for three weeks to work with challenges under the theme ”Sound Solution”.
They were asked to explore problems and create solutions within one of the three sub-categories:
- Too Much Sound
- Too Little Sound
- Sound as a Source of Wellbeing.
During the three weeks, they came up with four very different and creative concepts and built four working prototype models:
- The Baby Pacifier 2,0 – a sound and vibration-based solution to soothe unsteady infants, imitating the environment from the maternal womb.
- FlowZone – a de-stress area for office staff, offering relaxation and/or revitalization based on music, vibrations and lights
- VibraSound – a haptic device which transforms
- concert experiences for persons with hearing disabilities
- An adaptive, personalized tinnitus masking based on an open ear bone conductor.
The program included lectures and mentors networking with industry professionals from the sound tech industry and exploring Struer's many opportunities and offers within the city and nature and sound art, culture and history.
The students were accommodated at the boarding school facilities of Struer Statsgymnasium.
Pictures from the Camp
The Innovation Camp 2023 was organized in collaboration between:
With support from:
The Innovation Camp 2022
The Innovation Camp 2022 took place in Struer from July 4–21. 23 students from DTU, AU, AAU and Struer Statsgymnasium were given a brief with the title ”Sound is the experience” and the challenge to create a product with a flexible or modular component, while also considering the sustainability/longevity of their product.
During the 3 weeks, they came up with four very different and creative concepts and built four working prototype models.
The 4 solutions:
- An acoustic warning system to assist car drivers and prevent blind spot accidents.
- A modular headphone concept for a better and personalized fit of headphones.
- An app to provide better sleep through individualized, sleep-pattern adapted music.
- An acoustic water curtain for privacy in restaurants.
The program included lectures and mentors networking with industry professionals from soundtech industry as exploring Struer's many opportunities and offers within the city as well as nature and sound art, culture and history.
The students were accommodated at Struer Fri Fag- og Højskole, a local boarding school facility.
Pictures from the camp
The Innovation Camp 2008-2019
The Innovation Camp is a format originally developed and run by Bang & Olufsen in collaboration with Danish and International universities.
The camps brought students from all over the world to Struer for a creative summer camp challenge, also known as CDDIP – Creative Design and Development of Innovative Products.
You can read more about the first camps, the original formats and the participants here: